Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:11:30 +0100

Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:

> Basically, I think you could ignore the distinctions that the [cite:
> ...] syntax is capable of expressing, and just write all your citations
> like:
>
>   [cite: See @Doe99 for more on this point.] %%(:type footnoted)
>
> or, in the syntax Nicolas proposed, something like:
>
>   [cite: See @Doe99 for more on this point.]{:type footnoted}
>
> You would then use an export filter to transform citations with this
> :type into the appropriate command, something along the lines of:

This seems backward and wrong /to me/.  Why not global options?  I
actually think we "agreed" on this earlier.

#+cite: text-cite
#+(cite): parenthesis-cite

Or

#+cite: numeric
#+(cite): footnote-cite

This is why I asked Tom earlier if he normally uses more than two citation
TYPES.  Presumably citeauthor and citeyear works irrespective of the main
citation type.  So I still think that having two TYPES handy will meet
most requirements.

—Rasmus

--
m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!