Re: [O] export subtree from the command line

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] export subtree from the command line
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 19:55:38 -0500

For a different approach, you could make this kind of an emacs script. I
have not done this too often, and it can be tricky to setup and debug.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle export-org-section :shebang #!/bin/sh
:;exec emacs -batch  -l ~/Dropbox/kitchingroup/jmax/init.el -l "$0" "$@"

;; usage: export-org-section section-id org-file

;; now goto, narrow and export the section
(let ((section-id (pop command-line-args-left))
      (org-file (pop command-line-args-left)))
  (print (format "Opened %s" org-file))
  (find-file (expand-file-name org-file))
  (org-open-link-from-string (format "[[#%s]]" section-id))
  (org-narrow-to-subtree)
  (org-latex-export-to-pdf)
)
#+END_SRC