Re: [O] export subtree from the command line

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] export subtree from the command line
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 08:27:07 -0800

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015, Alan Schmitt wrote:

Hello,

I'm teaching a class where I have a big monolithic file for all the
lectures. Right now I export each lecture as a subtree from the file
itself, but I would like to do it from a Makefile. Is it possible to
export a subtree from the command line? if so, how do I specify the
subtree that I want?

Use an ID property for the subtree.

A small *.el file can set prereqs, find the subtree from the ID, and
call up the exporter.

`make test' does something like this. If you look at testing/lisp/test-ob.el, testing/examples/babel.org, and the testing/*.el files you can see some of this in action.

HTH,

Chuck