Re: [O] Is it possible to use org-babel to deal with bibtex?

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to use org-babel to deal with bibtex?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:58:48 -0800

Hi Feng,

Feng Shu <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to deal with my bibtex like this, is it possible?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking to do here.

Your example looks like you want to store bibliography information in
Org, and generate citations using Org syntax.  This is possible, and
plenty of people do it.  See the org-bibtex library (included in the
main Org distribution) for storing your bibliographic data in Org trees;
see the ox-bibtex library (in contrib) for one way of generating
citations using Org syntax.

Here's my setup (which uses org-bibtex but not ox-bibtex):
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/86033/

You might also look into John Kitchin's org-ref library:
https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/org/org-ref.org

None of these options involve Babel, though; I'm not sure if you
specifically wanted a Babel-based solution.  Is there something more
specific you're trying to do?

Best,
Richard