[O] Emulating list functionality from traditional GUI editors

From: Calvin Young
Subject: [O] Emulating list functionality from traditional GUI editors
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:14:52 -0800

Hi all,

I've been using org-mode for a while now, and it's been life-changing in terms of how I keep organized. However, there's still one thing I miss from traditional note-taking apps when working with lists. Specifically, I'd like to enable the following behavior:
What I'm describing is really just the default behavior around bulleted / numbered lists in other GUI editors (e.g., Google Docs, Gmail, OSX Notes, etc.). Are there any options built in to org-mode that'd let me enable this?

Best,
Calvin