Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 01:17:07 +0800

> Hello,
>
> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is it a bad idea to write an /export/ backend with one-to-many
>> functionality?  (Epub is probably the most obvious use case, but there
>> are others.)
>
> I don't know if that is a bad idea, but it sounds odd. In particular,
> I don't get why it is "obvious" that ePub should export to many formats.

Not many formats: many files. To be honest, it's not necessary for epub
to export to many separate files, but it's often done. It is easier to
deal with, if you're editing the epub afterwards. Of course, the usual
Org-mode approach is: get the file right in Org, and the exported
results should just be used as-is. But I still don't know how epubs
should be approached.