Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:22:05 +0800

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Not many formats: many files. To be honest, it's not necessary for epub
>> to export to many separate files, but it's often done. It is easier to
>> deal with, if you're editing the epub afterwards.
>
> In this case, the back-end can generate multiple files. AFAIK, ox-odt
> does something like that, except that the files are eventually zipped.

I was already borrowing quite heavily from ox-odt (epub is a zipped
directory, too, and has a bunch of the same manifest/metadata stuff),
but hadn't yet tackled the problem of preserving inter-file links (I
don't think ox-odt splits the actual text into multiple files). If you
can think of any more clever approach than just
find-and-replace-plus-bookkeeping, please let me know!

Eric