Re: [O] passing LC_ALL environment variable to org export call

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] passing LC_ALL environment variable to org export call
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:06:17 +0200

Johannes Rainer <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks for your hint. I checked Sys.getenv before and after the
> failing code, but LC_ALL was always properly set. I’m afraid my
> problem relates to some Mac LLVM and GCC gfortran compiler thing,
> since I’m using a R version compiled against the Mac Accelerate
> framework (vecLib)… it is just so strange that I only get the error in
> Emacs org-mode upon exporting the org file, but not, if I evaluate
> each code chunk separately.

But are you using .C, .Fortran or Rcpp in your code-block?  If not,
why would your compilers matter?  (I'm not an expert on R internals,
so my comment may be naïve).

As a short turn solution try to add this to the top of your file

#+PROPERTY: session *R*

These days you might even get away with just

#+PROPERTY: session

I'm not sure.  This should run your code from the same session.

[This should be equivalent to adding :session to babel blocks, but
 check the manual if it ain't working]

> to set all environment variables I’m using the “exec-path-from-shell”
> extension, so, all environment settings from the shell are available
> in Emacs.

Are you exporting async or "normally"?  If async, do you get the error
when exporting "normally"?

—Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?