Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+

From: Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim
Subject: Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:18:22 +0800

Hi Rasmus,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Kyeong,

"Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim" <address@hidden> writes:

> This is exactly what I wanted to do for cross-referencing in LaTeX export.
> With this, now I can use my org files as I did with version 7.x (except for
> the description in the link).
>
> It would have been much better to have this information in the manual (like
> those for cross-referencing in LaTeX in the older version of manual).
> Or, is this already described there?

If it's unclear, please consider one of the following:

   1. Writing a documentation patch — especially if you have assigned
      copyright to FSF For Emacs changes.
   2. Explain exactly where you would have expected to find this
      information and/or where the manual is unclear.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
However beautiful the theory, you should occasionally look at the evidence

If possible, please let me know where to find the information you provided (i.e., without the description filed in the org-mode internal link, its export to LaTeX becomes "\ref{...}" instead of "\hyperref{...}").

I'm currently using Org Manual version 8.2.7c (PDF version), but cannot find any relevant information. It's not the matter of whether it's clear or not, but there is no such information in the current manual.

I do wonder where you got that information (directly from the source code?).

For older version, the following link provides all the details for LaTeX cross referencing in Sec. 16:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html

Writing a documentation patch could be an option, but first of all, I need detailed information on this but currently have not.

Regards,
Joseph