Re: [O] CV in orgmode for export to pdf (and html?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] CV in orgmode for export to pdf (and html?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:06:54 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks for the summary Rainer.

> I think that org could be a perfect environment for building CVs if
> one could come up with an HOWTO and many examples how to do it - and I
> think this is going into the right direction.

I think the "right" approach is cooking up a reasonable way to
represent CVs and make an ox-cv with a customized interface (like
ox-koma-letter where ordering of blocks can also be changed
"on-the-go") and provide some nice default "themes".  It should either
build on an established LaTeX cv package or just KOMA-Script like
Xavier's CV (and mine).  I didn't check the ox-cv.el that was posted
carefully.

That being said, I don't have much time for this right now.

It would be nicer to handle something like a CV in org than LaTeX.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
Evidence suggests Snowden used a powerful tool called monospaced fonts