Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 17:35:53 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Dnia 2014-08-16, o godz. 17:02:05
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> napisał(a):
>
>> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Do I get it correctly (I don't know outshine) that it means that you
>> > have the actual Org entry /in the same file/, in the comments?  If
>> > yes, this is not really what I'm after.
>>
>> The outshine idea is rather that your programming-mode file IS (kind
>> of) your Org file (i.e. programming-mode/org-mode are just two
>> different views on the same file, and with outorg you can easily
>> switch between them).  You structure it like an Org file, only with
>> outcommented headers. And then (-> outline-minor-mode/outshine
>> activated) you can do a lot of things you are used to do in an Org
>> buffer => "Org-mode outside org-mode" (the major-mode).
>
> I see.  Interesting.  What about generating agendas?  Do I lose this
> functionality with outshine?

Its not that advanced yet, but it would definitely be possible, since
your programming-mode file turns into an org buffer in less than a
second, and that buffer(file) could be added to the agenda. But I rather
have more simpler things working in the near future, that agenda stuff
is complex ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten