[O] Bug: Commit cece23 'fix'-ed call to 'type' breaks my agenda sorting

From: Trevor Murphy
Subject: [O] Bug: Commit cece23 'fix'-ed call to 'type' breaks my agenda sorting [8.2.7 (8.2.7-elpa @ /home/trevor/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140613/)]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:56:53 -0400

Hi, all! The commit named in the subject line is causing me grief. Specifically, the commit made three changes to the `org-cmp-ts' function: 1. Change the function signature to require the `type' argument. Doesn't cause me any issues. 2 & 3. Make two changes from (get-text-property 1 'type FOO) to (get-text-property 1 type FOO). These cause problems for me. Near as I can tell, get-text-property really is supposed to look up the `type' property of FOO (returning "scheduled" or "deadline" or w/e) so the function can check that against the restriction passed in through the argument.

This commit has the function checking the `scheduled', `deadline', or other property of FOO based on the passed-in argument. In this case get-text-property always returns nil and the function never returns anything useful. Steps to reproduce: (setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy '((agenda deadline-up))) [pull up an agenda view with some deadline entries and some other stuff] (setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy '((agenda deadline-down))) [refresh the same agenda view] What I expect to see: Deadline entries flipping from top to bottom of the agenda view. What I actually see: No changes ... org-agenda-sorting-strategy doesn't appear to do anything.
Is this affecting anybody else?

Emacs : GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of 2014-01-28 on var-lib-archbuild-extra-i686-juergen Package: Org-mode version 8.2.7 (8.2.7-elpa @ /home/trevor/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140613/) --
Trevor Murphy
GnuPG Key: 0x83881C0A