[O] Basic vcard-to-org-contacts converter

From: Titus von der Malsburg
Subject: [O] Basic vcard-to-org-contacts converter
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:25:01 +0000

Hi list!

I decided to give org-contacts a try.  Since there doesn't seem to be a
facility for importing contacts in vcard format, I wrote a little Python
script for that.  Perhaps someone on this list finds it useful.

  https://gist.github.com/tmalsburg/9747104

The script uses the Python package vobject for parsing vcard files.  On
Debian-like systems this package is available as python-vobject.  I
tested the script with contacts exported from Apple's iCloud service and
that worked well.  However, the vcard format is somewhat messy and I
don't know what happens with vcard files generated in other contact
managers.  Use at your own risk.

If there's interest, I might migrate the script to a proper Github
repository and develop it further, i.e., merge your pull-requests ;-)

  Titus