Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:25:15 +0100

Joost Helberg <address@hidden> writes:

> back in the time when me and my friend created and sold the Snow Linux
> Distribution, we donated all excess money to the FSF.
>
> This was 20 years ago, but I think the FSF serves as much a purpose
> then as it does nowadays.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to compensate those who currently maintain
Org-mode informally, i.e. who still keep things (and the mailing list)
running and responsive?

I would suggest to pass donations to Bastien and/or anybody who is
actually doing the job of a maintainer, even if not with full
intensity, to compensate him/them for time and effort.

--
cheers,
Thorsten