Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:30:57 +0100

Carsten Dominik writes:
> I am still receiving donations for Org-mode, even though right now I
> am only formally the maintainer of Org (it is very difficult to make
> time free for me, currently). I would like to pass donations on to
> someone here who has expenses related to Org, because this does not
> feel right anymore.
>
> We used to have to pay for webhosting (which was generously donated by
> Jason), but dreamhost is hosting us now for free. Therefore i am not
> aware of any costs beyond the $15/yr I am paying for the domain.
> Please let me know if you know a good way to spend donations at this
> moment.

That's an interesting problem to have... :-)

Since Org certainly builds on Emacs, there's always the possibility to
see if Emacs' folks could need some support.  If package manager would
grow up to deal correctly with packages as large and complex as Org and
actually install them correctly without horrible workarounds, that would
certainly be something that Org would benefit from enormously.

Regards,
Achim.