Re: [O] [RFC] Proposal for rebindings in Org 8.3

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Proposal for rebindings in Org 8.3
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 09:01:16 +0100

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> i meant that c-c c-' and c-c c-" are both cumbersome for those users
> who press c-c by holding down the control key with the right hand and
> then pressing c with the left hand.  c-c ' is not cumbersome for those
> users.

I understand better now, thanks.

What I don't understand is why keeping the right control key between
C-c and C-' is harder than releasing the control key between C-c and
' (or " as also proposed.)  My experience (which seems the same than
Nick's) is that holding the control key down is easier/faster.

(I wonder if any serious ergonomical study has been done for Emacs
beybindings depending on keyboards.)

--
 Bastien