Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:31:37 +0100

Laurens Van Houtven <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> We already have a working solution for many languages, and more general
>> that this LaTeX-centered command. It has limitations, but "csquotes"
>> support would inherit them anyway since it would be built on top of
>> smart quotes mechanism.
>>

> This is only for LaTeX-export, so I don't see how LaTeX-centered is
> relevant. I really don't see how it affects other export langs;

The current quote mechanism is built at the export framework level so
that each export back-end doesn't need to bring up its own recipe. I'd
rather not add back-end specific code unless it is an improvement.

So far, I don't see the improvement. Do you have an example of an Org
document that produces a wrong tex file, which would be correct if it
used "csquotes"?

> plus, it was in the old LaTeX exporter anyway!

True. And?

I gave you a solution to use "csquotes" feature in your documents.

> The reason is that the exporter occasionally produces TeX code that renders
> poorly on some setups (we're still figuring out which those are exactly).
> csquotes never does this.

I assume it will render poorly in setups that do not use that package.

I'm surprised that "csquotes" is compulsory in some setups. Of course,
it would be good to know about them so we can find a workaround.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou