Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export

From: Laurens Van Houtven
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 15:06:40 +0100

Hi Rasmus,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Org already has semantic quote characters, namely '"' and "'".
>
> Right: I'm talking about TeX and not org-mode there. The semantic way to
> say "this is quoted" is csquotes and \enquote.

But this is the Org-ML.  I assume you're interested in using Org for
producing your tex files?

Yes, that is the only thing I am doing. I am trying to get org's idea of semantic quoting to map to LaTeX's idea of semantic quoting. As a result I also don't understand why anyone cares what the \enquote{whatever} looks like in the TeX file. Personally I only care what it looks like in Org.

This is also why I think the macro solution is bad. Org has semantic quotes. It's just not doing a good job of convincing my LaTeX stack that it has semantic quotes.

I was not able to produce non-working files via Org either. . .  But I
didn't test from emacs -q.

The exported TeX source appears to be functionally equivalent to the snippet you pasted, so the issue is probably in the TeX step.

thanks again,
lvh