Re: [O] Links sorting and exporting.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Links sorting and exporting.
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:03:16 +0100

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Sauer <address@hidden> writes:

> What I am thinking is of a way to save a web bookmark in a file or
> two and then based on meta-tag have them exported into a html file.
>  In other words, if I have a file with bookmarks that has tags:
> apple, fruit, orange, dog, horse, pet, animal, etc then it would
> create a html page named for the tag and any bookmark that has that
> tag would be present in it.   The last piece would be to generate a
> front page that would have a relative link to those pages.  This
> would be a way of publishing links for others in my group to use.

I think most of the pieces are already in place for this:

- you can use org-protocol.el to capture a URL from a web browser as
  a subtree in an Org file ;

- you can tag the capture at will (or define several capture keys)
  triggered by the button in your browser

- you can define a view for all subtrees tagged :bmk: -- and filter
  this view for other tags -- e.g. for a subtree with :bmk:apple:, you
  first list all :bmk: subtrees, then hit '/' to list :apple:
  subtrees.

- from the agenda view, C-x C-w mybookmarkfile.org RET will store all
  listed subtrees in a new Org file.

So maybe this is just a matter of refining this workflow.

HTH,

--
 Bastien