Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 00:04:50 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

>> I cannot reproduce the problem.
>
> In the .tex file or in the .pdf?

Both.

> I know that #+begin/end_example works properly, so I took a look at
> the difference between them:
>
> \begin{frame}[fragile,label=sec-1]{begin src}
>  \begin{verbatim}
> a <- "Test of whitespace preservation"
>
> b <- cat("Let's see what happens when we spill",
> "onto multiple lines but want the text",
> "being passed to cat() to be aligned")
> \end{verbatim}
> \end{frame}

I don't know why or how you get this, but this has nothing to do with
`org-src-preserve-indentation' since there in no global indentation in
your code (i.e., a line starts at column 0).

> \begin{frame}[fragile,label=sec-2]{begin example}
>  \begin{verbatim}
> a <- "Test of whitespace preservation"
>
> b <- cat("Let's see what happens when we spill",
>          "onto multiple lines but want the text",
>          "being passed to cat() to be aligned")
> \end{verbatim}
> \end{frame}
> \end{document}
>
> Source blocks are exported with what appears to be some sort of tab
> character;

You can use C-u C-x = in order to know what it is.

What happens if you run (org-export-execute-babel-code) on your Org
buffer?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou