Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:08:55 -0600

On Jan 31, 2014 5:26 PM, "Andreas Leha" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Both.
> >
> > Weird.

> >> I don't know why or how you get this, but this has nothing to do with
> >> `org-src-preserve-indentation' since there in no global indentation in
> >> your code (i.e., a line starts at column 0).

> >> You can use C-u C-x = in order to know what it is.
> >>

> > Here's what I get:
> >
> >              position: 754 of 1188 (63%), column: 0
> >             character: TAB (displayed as TAB) (codepoint 9, #o11, #x9)
> >     preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
> > code point in charset: 0x09
> >                syntax:   which means: whitespace
> >              to input: type "C-x 8 RET HEX-CODEPOINT" or "C-x 8 RET NAME"
> >           buffer code: #x09
> >             file code: #x09 (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
> >               display: no font available
> >
> > I checked my locale, and it's set to en_US.utf8 (Arch Linux)
> >
> >> What happens if you run (org-export-execute-babel-code) on your Org
> >> buffer?
> >
> > I'm not used to running functions. I placed this in the document,
> > selected the text, and did `M-x eval-region`. Nothing appears to have
> > happened, but the *Messages* buffer printed out: "org-babel-exp
> > process R at line 9..."
> >
> > Does that help any?
> >

> > John
> >

> I have not been following this thread.  So please scratch this in case
> it is not relevant here.  But I once had problems concerning tabs and
> source blocks in beamer documents.  So, this is what I have in my .emacs
> (quite crude):

> (defun my-e-beamer-final-filter (contents backend info)
>   (replace-regexp-in-string "\t" "        " contents))
> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'my-e-beamer-final-filter)

Certainly looks like it would do what needs to be done based on my issue. I'll try it this weekend.

I'd still like to understand the src vs. example block discrepancy if possible. It's really odd, especially since Nicholas isn't able to reproduce even with the same minimal config.

Thanks for posting your solution,
John