Re: [O] How to use ox-bibtex

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [O] How to use ox-bibtex
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:33:23 -0300

Hello again,

I'm still having the problem... please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) In a terminal:
$ cd path/to/org-mode
$ make vanilla

an emacs window (without the personal configuration but with the org-mode conf. opens)

2) I run the command you suggest using =M-: (add-to-list 'load-path "contrib/lisp/")= and again =M-: (require 'ox-bibtex)=

3) Open the =ox-bibtex-example.org= and export it with =C-c C-e l o=

After all that I get "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil"

Am I doing something wrong?

Best wishes

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Eric. I finally try the examples you attached above, and I'm getting
> a problem. The file is not imported, because of an error "Wrong type
> argument arrayp, nil".
>
> Does anyone know what I am missing?
>
> Cheers

My guess is that something is messed up in either your version of
Org-mode or your personal config.  Please try the following to
reproduce.

1. launch a version of Emacs with Org-mode loaded but without your
   personal config, this may be conveniently done by running

     make vanilla

   from the base of your Org-mode installation.

2. evaluate the following

   (add-to-list 'load-path "contrib/lisp/")
   (require 'ox-bibtex)

3. open the example .org file attached previously (with the example .bib
   file in the same directory), and export to latex.

You should now see appropriate \cite{ref} and \bibliography elements in
the exported latex.  This all works for me, if you get an error please
send the whole debug trace along with version info for your Org-mode and
Emacs.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte