Re: [O] Clojure Code Block Results not Tabularized

From: Soapy Smith
Subject: Re: [O] Clojure Code Block Results not Tabularized
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:36:28 -0500

Hi Christian, I think that is a very good point!

>From the manual, the explanation of what is returned as a result
using :results raw

"raw The results are interpreted as raw Org mode code and are inserted
directly into
the buffer. If the results look like a table they will be aligned as
such by Org mode.
E.g., :results value raw."

So, it doesn't say it will result in a table, but it will be aligned
like a table!

Whatever the case, the behavior of Clojure should be consistent with the
other languages.

Looking into the "old" set further, I find the :results header argument
makes no difference:
:results value
:results value raw
:results table
(no header argument)

All result in the same org table.  So it looks like the old version was
not behaving properly either.  However, it was able to coerce the
Clojure vector into an org table successfully.

With the new system (version 8 org and CIDER),
there are in fact 3 different results blocks:

(no header argument)
#+RESULTS:
: [1 2 3 4]

:results value raw
#+RESULTS:
[1 2 3 4]

:results value
#+RESULTS:
: [1 2 3 4]

:results table
#+RESULTS:
| [1 2 3 4] |

Christian, could you try :results table with Python and reply back with
the #+RESULTS:?

Regards,
Greg