Re: [O] LaTeX export: Unknown LaTeX class `org-article'

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: Unknown LaTeX class `org-article'
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:49:50 -0500

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 09:55:52AM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > It does say the variable is define in org-latex.el, and clicking on that
> > name takes me to the definition in org-latex.el.gz.
>
> Just to confirm what Nick has said: this file is out of date.  There is
> no org-latex.el in v8 of org.  The equivalent file is now
> ox-latex.el.  Check your load-path to ensure you load the right version
> of org.  Maybe put a "(require 'ox-latex)"  in your initialisation as
> well.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, something seems very screwed up on my system. I installed OS X
emacs 24.3.1, which included org-mode 7-something.

Last November, I installed org-mode 8-something via git.

Earlier this month, I updated to org-mode 8.2.5a via the emacs package
installer.

Somehow, in the course of this, I must have left remnants lying around which
are incorrect. Now org-version tells me it's 8.2.5a. However, the variable
org-latex-classes is not defined, so my .emacs file is failing. I'm trying to
set this variable in order to use the org-article class, as described here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/article-class.html

(Earlier today, I explicitly renamed the original org-mode 7 directory that
came with emacs so it would no longer be on the search path. I then explicitly
added the org-mode 8.2.5a directory to the search path. I guess emacs package
management still leaves of lot of manual cleaning up to do.)

I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to clean this up.

Thanks!
-pd

--
----