Re: [O] LaTeX export: Unknown LaTeX class `org-article'

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: Unknown LaTeX class `org-article'
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:54:03 -0500

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Both running emacs 24.3.1, same build
>>
>> Ummm, strange.  What happens if you
>>
>>   C-h v org-export-latex-classes RET
>>
>> e.g.  does it show "is a variable defined in " some file?  If so, where
>> do you end up if you hit RET on that file name?
>
> It does say the variable is define in org-latex.el, and clicking on that
> name takes me to the definition in org-latex.el.gz.
>
> Perhaps that one file is out of sync somehow? Strange.

This one file is probably part of the org-mode distributed with your
emacs (that's why it is compressed: the files that you get through git,
or tar or ELPA are uncompressed[fn:1]). You are picking that up before you
pick up the org-latex.el from the 8.2.3c version of org-mode, presumably
because you loaded it early before you changed the value of load-path
to prefer the 8.2.3c version.

What happens if you set load-path properly at the very beginning of your
.emacs file? See section 1.2 of the org manual.

Footnotes:

[fn:1] I'm sure about git, but it's only my belief in the other two cases
since I have never used either of those methods.

--
Nick