Re: [O] [bug][ox-latex] Captions in equations

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug][ox-latex] Captions in equations
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 23:30:10 +0100

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Attached is a simple patch that works by silently drops the caption in
> a sneaky way.  I didn't experience any problems when testing it, but
> you might have more insights as to whether this approach have latent
> issues.

Thank you.

Altering the parse tree seems a bit drastic to me, though. See below.

> I think we had the discussion with leaving out packages earlier, when
> discussing things like wrap-float etc.  As I recall, the consensus was
> to include the necessary packages.  Thus, I think solution (iii) would
> require adding caption to the default package alist.  Caption is a
> package that's very good, so I wouldn't mind it.  But, I'm still not
> convinced that non-floating caption for equation is the correct
> behavior.

We don't need to add "caption" to the default packages set. We can
specify that this feature is available only if that package is required.

> -  (let* ((caption (org-latex--caption/label-string table info))
> +  (let* (;; Silently drop captions as they are not supported in
> +      ;; math-mode.
> +      (caption (org-latex--caption/label-string
> +                (org-element-put-property table :caption nil) info))

We could replace

  (caption (org-latex--caption/label-string ...))

with

  (label (let ((label (org-element-property :name table)))
           (and label (format "\\label{%s}\n" (org-export-solidify-link-text
label)))))

and change "caption" into "label" later in the function.

WDYT?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou