Re: [O] Creating a help system with org mode

From: von Hercynius
Subject: Re: [O] Creating a help system with org mode
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:02:46 -0600

Actually, I might like to have a "knowledge base" article-style help system, each entry generated by org mode as a single web page, the search engine utilizing Google custom search engine just for my help site. Isn't this what WORG is doing?

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 24, 2014 12:59 PM, "von Hercynius" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm at a business that wants to create an on-line help system in order to describe all their daily practices. I'm suggesting org mode at the tool. I'm an org mode beginner, but as I understand I can create knowledge base entries or issues or help topic entries as individual files. These topic entry/Help KB files can contain ample tag/keywords in order to effectively queried by "the agenda" search engine. Am I correct so far? Also, has anyone tried this before; any examples out there of an on-line help system with an index/search capability?

Sounds like what worg is, at least to some degree (an org based wiki/web site).
- http://orgmode.org/worg/

Stack overflow also comes to mind as something to look at. It supports q & a as week as predictive answer suggestions when you go to create a new question.

It might help if you submitted a sort of sketch of what you're looking to do, such as general structure, if it will be pre-populated only or feature user generated content, etc.

That might help others to chime in with suggestions.

John