Re: [O] working on cloud

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] working on cloud
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:28:16 -0500

Renato <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm learning emacs (as you probabily know :-)).
> I have:
> - one pc at home (linux Debian)
> - one at work (windows)
>
> I would like to use the same configuration.
> Now, I have my .org file on the cloud (so I can access it from anywhere)
> But I'm  starting to edit also the config file:
> on Win it is:
> init.el
>
> on linux is
> emacs

on linux, the init file should be named ".emacs" (note the dot in front)
and it should reside in your home directory.

> so...How can I have a centralized instalation of emacs? Or, better: Is
> it possible?

One possibility is to call it "init.el"  on linux as well, but create
a ".emacs" symbolic link to it:

  ln -s init.el .emacs

There are many other ways, but the symlink is probably the simplest.

Nick