Re: [O] gnus: link annoyance

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] gnus: link annoyance
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:39:46 -0500

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

> Whenever I visit a "gnus:" type link from Org, it has the side effect of
> "reading" the article in Gnus parlance, forcing me to "unread" it each
> time afterwards.  If I forget to unread it, which is a likely error, the
> article will not be shown if I later visit its mailgroup using Gnus in a
> regular way.  So in practice, it is kind of forever lost.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding (not deliberately, I assure you) what you
mean but it's certainly not lost: the link continues to work, even if it
points to a read article; and visiting the group with C-u <SPACE>
in gnus also allows you to see previously read articles. It's only
expired articles that can never be gotten back after their expiration
period runs out.

But maybe that's what you are alluding to when you say "visiting the
group in a regular way"?

Nick