Re: [O] hyperlink to customize

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] hyperlink to customize
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:06:32 -0500

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I am curious why I get away with
>   file:~/.emacs,
> but not
>   elisp:(customize)
>
> That is, I can get away with not using square brackets for the file, but we
> need
>
>   [[elisp:(customize)]]
>
> Not a priority, just a mild curiosity.

Actually, I took a look through the code and found out that

elisp:customize

should also work as a link, even without the brackets. The assumption is
that the name following the ``elisp:'' part is the name of an
interactive function (a "command"). Following the link just executes the
command (without arguments - you can't use plain links for function
calls with arguments).  I tried it and it works for me - so the question
is why it does not work for you.

Nick