Re: [O] hyperlink to customize

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] hyperlink to customize
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 01:56:38 +0000 (UTC)

> elisp:customize

> should also work as a link, even without the brackets.

> [...] so the question

> is why it does not work for you.

It does work, I was wrong.

That is, `elisp:customize` does in fact work for me.

Not sure if I should start a new thread for the following.

---

synopsis: want (clickable) customize to open in a new frame

---

I am currently having most of my links open in a new frame, a la

 '(org-link-frame-setup (quote ((vm . vm-visit-folder-other-frame) (vm-
imap . vm-visit-imap-folder-other-frame) (gnus . org-gnus-no-new-news)
(file . find-file-other-frame) (wl . wl-other-frame))))

I have tried to get my link to customize to open in a new frame, but do not
know how to code, in particular in Emacs Lisp.

I have considered the following elements that may play a role in a
solution, but am not sure how to combine them, or what else to look for.

I've considered the elisp manual, and looked at lists, macros, functions,
in-line functions, creating frames, input focus and lamda calculus.

This is probably my most complex attempt:

  [[elisp:(make-frame after-make-frame customize)]]

But it does not work.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/index.html#Top

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Lists.html#Lists

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Macros.html#Macros