Re: [O] org-contacts, multi-line properties, postal addresses

From: Kyle Machulis
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts, multi-line properties, postal addresses
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:27:39 -0800

Thought about maybe trying to extend AsynK with an org-contacts backend? That'd be ridiculously useful.

http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
* Norman Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello world,

Hello Norman!

> I'm just taking another look at org-contacts. I wonder what the best
> practice is for dealing with multi-line properties like postal
> addresses.

I split them up to single lines.

> I can just make them part of the entry, of course, not in a property,
> but that seems oddly different from the other properites.

I am afraid that there is no standard (yet).

However, I can give you my personal approach:

> ** Firstname Lastname                                     :FirstnameLastname:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :TYPE: person
> :TITLE:
> :EMAIL:
> :MOBILE:   0043/
> :HOMEPHONE:
> :WORKPHONE:
> :PHONE:
> :COMPANY:
> :STREET:
> :POSTALCODE:
> :CITY:
> :COUNTRY:  Austria
> :PHOTOGRAPH: [[photo:FirstnameLastname.jpg]]
> :BORN:
> :ITOLDTHEM_EMAIL:
> :ITOLDTHEM_ADDRESS:
> :ITOLDTHEM_PHONE:
> :ADDRESS_CHANGE_METHOD:
> :END:
>
> - first contact:

ITOLDTHEM_* is used for automatically generating my email filter
rules (spam-whitelist) and memorizing the level of information I
gave out to companies.

ADDRESS_CHANGE_METHOD is used to memorize email addresses, web
pages, or contact information on how I am able to update my personal
information such as address or phone number.

In the next week or so I plan to implement a Python script that
generates an iCal file out of my contacts.org so that my Android
phone is able to import it (including photographs!). Stay tuned :-)

HTH

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github