Re: [O] org-contacts, multi-line properties, postal addresses

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts, multi-line properties, postal addresses
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:16:02 +0100

On Wednesday 13 November 2013 14:23:17 Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I'm just taking another look at org-contacts. I wonder what the best
> practice is for dealing with multi-line properties like postal
> addresses.

I store addresses like that

:PROPERTIES:
:ADDRESS: street no, postal-code city, country
:END:

That way of formatting is supported by the vCard export and should work fine
with the Map support (the only two features really supporting Addresses
anyway).  But it is not very flexible and there is no real way to add several
addresses (usually space is used to separate several entries).

Overall the org-contacts format is a bit limited and not consistently
designed.  It could use some refactoring.

Regards,
Rüdiger