Re: [O] Babel: the disappearing hline

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: [O] Babel: the disappearing hline
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:09:04 +0200

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

Greetings Rick.

> Note that in versions of org-mode prior to commit 6857d139 of
> 2013-09-28 (below), this was overridden in the setting of
> `org-babel-default-header-args:emacs-lisp, so this may be why you are
> seeing and "inconsistency" between the call line and the emacs-lisp
> source block.

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the possibility that the
inconsistency would be caused by an old version of org. I do not think
that this is the case: I have been pulling the newest version every
day. Below is the output of the test, including a printout of my org
version number.

Or is there something weird in my setup? Do you get a different output
with my test cases?

I will look at the other stuff you sent a bit later.

All the best,

Jarmo

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

* hline pruning in output

  # test org version
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
    (org-version)
  #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS:
  : 8.2.3a

  # case 1: hlines are retained by default when a source code block is
  # defined and evaluated
  #+NAME: func
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
    (list '(a) '(b) 'hline '(c))
  #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS: func
  | a |
  | b |
  |---|
  | c |

  # case 2: hlines are retained by default when source code is called
  # by post
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :post func()

  #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS:
  | a |
  | b |
  |---|
  | c |

  # case 3: but hlines are removed by default when source code is
  # called by #+CALL
  #+CALL: func()

  #+RESULTS:
  | a |