[O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:00:48 -0400

Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if it were possible to specify an arbitrary lisp function to process node-properties when creating a column view.  For example, you can currently have something like:

* Top node for columns view
   :PROPERTIES:
   :COLUMNS: %25ITEM %TAGS %PRIORITY %TODO
   :END:

But I'd like to be able to do something like:
   :COLUMNS: %ITEM{fn:process_item} %TAGS %PRIORITY %TODO
which would pass the ITEM property's value as a single argument to the process_item function.  The returned value/string of the function would be what appears in the column view.

Of course it would be good if one could also use a lambda _expression_ in place of the function name.

Does this sound like something worth working on?  I would certainly have various uses for such functionality, so I imagine it would be useful to others as well.

Regards,

Mark