Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:22:06 +0200

Thx Oleh ,This is really amazing!

Ive been waiting for ages for something like this. a few questions (well ok "requests" :)..) if you dont mind. please bare in mind i have zero coding skills (or understanding so my questions may be stupid :))

1.i use alot of images and :in alot of headings and sub headings and the current method creates tens of folders. can you make an option to store all images in a central location, IE ~/org/images? also Torstens suggestion of adding a date to the file name makes alot of sense :)

2.can you add an option to add a local file (IE drag a jpg/png from a folder) or even better yet build into the script a screenshot ability function (using scrot etc) like in the following script:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-05/msg00873.html

3.maybe perhaps a text scraper that would do the same for formatted text, so one would mark a section in the browser, and drag it into org (and the script would automagicly would get rid of the html yuckyness << notice my highly technical coding terms and knowledge)

best and thanks alot!