Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:51:20 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> we do not have an issue tracker for Org.  However, if you
> have some time to help, the file with open issues that need
> attention can be found here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/530458/org-tracker.html
>
> Note that I do not enter every issue into this file.  Normally I wait
> and see if a report gets addressed on the mailing list, and only
> if that does not happen, than I make a note in this file.  I think
> this keeps it more manageable for me - an official online bug tracker
> would probably quickly fill with many small things we can better
> handle on the list.
>
> If you feel that this is not going well enough and if I am missing
> important reports in this way, let me know and we will find a better
> solution.
>
> Some of these bugs still need confirmation by a second party,
> and patches are always welcome.  If possible, reply in
> the original thread, while still mentioning the bug number
> in the above link.

The other solution that I'd see would be using Emacs' own bug tracker (the
`org' package is already known to them), if that's possible. Anyway, having the
bugs in an Org file seems natural too!

But shouldn't it, maybe, be in a Git project, so that other people can edit it?

And choosing to have the `Assignee' (or `ASSIGNEE') property be the official
Org way to delegate a task to someone would help?

Regarding the list itself, if I may, I would add 3 problems (identified by the
date and time it has been sent on the Org mailing list):

1. 20130315.1805: Background color reset for links and DONE headlines

   Allow to have more faces than just `org-headline-done' when `DONE'
   (`org-fontify-done-headline').

   I looked at it, following Bastien's hints, but never could make it work.

2. 20130909.1657: Clocktable error with multiple source files from parent dir

3. 20130912.1455: `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' does not work in `tags-todo'

   The following agenda view is supposed to display the tasks by ascending
   DEADLINE timestamp.

     (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
                  '("B" "Today"
                    tags-todo "DEADLINE<=\"<today>\""
                    ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Today")
                     (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(deadline-up)))) t)

   it sorts the list by category, instead!

OTOH, you can "delegate" the problem #24 to me.

- 20130911.1448: Colored tags generate an error when C-x C-w'ing the agenda

  I'll try to debug and fix it myself. I'll come back if I don't succeed.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban