[O] Repeaters in plain timestamps

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Repeaters in plain timestamps
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:16:05 -0400

Hi, Org people.

The manual, section "8.3.2 Repeated tasks", says:

   Some tasks need to be repeated again and again.  Org mode helps to
   organize such tasks using a so-called repeater in a DEADLINE, SCHEDULED,
   or plain timestamp.

Examples and directions given in the page are related to DEADLINE, and a
few words suggest that SCHEDULED works the same.  But the page does not
say how one may handle repeaters with plain timestamps.

I merely would like to update them so they show the date for the next
iteration, a bit like command "t d" already does on a DEADLINE repeater.

François

P.S. Someone on the list strongly advise me to avoid DEADLINE and
SCHEDULED unless they are really meaningful for me, and so did I.  But
for many cases of events which are not heavy (birthdays are a good
example), repeaters are still meaningful.