[O] Bug: org-set-property does not leave the point still [8.1.1 (release

From: Mathieu Boespflug
Subject: [O] Bug: org-set-property does not leave the point still [8.1.1 (release_8.1.1-29-gc5f2ae @ /home/mboes/.emacs.d/lisp/org/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:16:22 +0200

Hi,

consider the following very simple org file:

* TODO Thing1[]

where "[]" marks where the point is. Now if I C-S-RET to insert a new
TODO heading, I get

* TODO Thing1
* TODO []

Note that there is a trailing space at the end of the last line, as
expected. The problem is that if I now press C-c C-x p to set
a property (any property), then I end up with the following situation:

* TODO Thing1
* TODO
  :PROPERTIES:
  :PROP:     val
  :END: []

The point is now at the end of the property drawer, rather than where it
was before. Notice how the trailing whitespace in the heading has
moreover been moved to after the property drawer.

Expected behaviour:

After C-c C-x p, I expect to get:

* TODO Thing1
* TODO []
  :PROPERTIES:
  :PROP:     val
  :END:

This is exactly what I get if there is *no trailing whitespace* in the
TODO heading before hitting C-c C-x p. So it seems that the bug is that
org-set-property does not deal well with trailing whitespace.

This is a problem because it messes up setting properties by advising
org-insert-todo-heading, say to set a CREATED property automatically for
new TODO items.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-07 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-x86_64-eric
Package: Org-mode version 8.1.1 (release_8.1.1-29-gc5f2ae @
/home/mboes/.emacs.d/lisp/org/lisp/)