Re: [O] Bug: Can't follow a link to a relative html filename with a whit

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Can't follow a link to a relative html filename with a whitespace [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @ /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:25:48 -0300

> On 8.9.2013, at 04:54, Diogo F. S. Ramos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 1. touch a file as `/tmp/bar baz.html'
>> 2. Visit `/tmp/foo.org'
>> 3. Link to the HTML file typing [[file:bar baz.html]]
>> 4. Try following the link with C-c C-o
>>
>> * Expected
>>
>> Open the file inside a browser
>>
>> * Happens
>>
>> Two urls are open inside the browser: <file:///tmp/bar> and
>> <http://www.baz.html/>
>

> Hi Ramos,

Hello Dominik.

> first of all, this works out of the box with my current Org version.

Uh.  That's odd.  Maybe you are not using the same version of me?  I'm
using the org-version shipped with Emacs 24.3.1.

> Second, the link should look like this
>
> [[file:bar%20baz.html][file:bar baz.html]]
>
> Org makes it look like this when you insert the link using the proper Org
> commands to do so.  It also repairs  the link when you put the Cursor on it
> and press `C-c C-l RET RET'.

You are right.

I was aware of it though so that's why I specifically wrote "typing".

I think the "%20" is added because org-mode thinks this is an url, which
it is not.

But either way, can you open the file using C-c C-o?  I suspect that
with the repair it's even harder now to open it.

> Third:  I never put spaces into file names :)

That's a sensible thing to do.