Re: [O] Bug: Can't follow a link to a relative html filename with a whit

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Can't follow a link to a relative html filename with a whitespace [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @ /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:03:28 +0200

On 8.9.2013, at 04:54, Diogo F. S. Ramos <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1. touch a file as `/tmp/bar baz.html'
> 2. Visit `/tmp/foo.org'
> 3. Link to the HTML file typing [[file:bar baz.html]]
> 4. Try following the link with C-c C-o
>
> * Expected
>
> Open the file inside a browser
>
> * Happens
>
> Two urls are open inside the browser: <file:///tmp/bar> and
> <http://www.baz.html/>

Hi Ramos,

first of all, this works out of the box with my current Org version.
Second, the link should look like this

 [[file:bar%20baz.html][file:bar baz.html]]

Org makes it look like this when you insert the link using the proper Org
commands to do so.  It also repairs  the link when you put the Cursor on it and
press `C-c C-l RET RET'.

Third:  I never put spaces into file names :)

Regards

- Carsten