Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n > 2)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:00:03 +0200

Hi,

For me it is git using a central "server". I push from the clients to the server and pull from the server only. Never on a device to device base, because most of the time the devices can't see each other (different networks).

Hope that helps

Torsten

On 4 September 2013 09:43, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 03:30:24PM +0900, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2013, at 3:04 PM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 11:34:52PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a problem. I need to sync my files between several devices
> >> (currently 3). At first, I thought the solution would have been to use
> >> mobileorg (that made sense since I also use an android device) but as
> >> far as I understand it, it is not really designed for that purpose (I
> >> have several agendas.org staying in the hierarchy with conflicts from
> >> all sources...)
> >>
> >> How do you sync your files easily and share them between 3, 4 or even
> >> more places ?
> >
> > I use Git.
>
> You might try unison.  Works for me.

I think the issue with tools like Unison, Dropbox, is conflict
resolution on simultaneous edits.  Traditional version control does a
better job of that, but then it loses the convenience of these other
tools.

I believe there is a list member (Alan) close to Unison development; in
the thread referenced by Samuel there is some discussion on how this
could be done in a more well defined manner.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu