Re: [O] [bug?] Copy content from one to another table changes the conten

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] Copy content from one to another table changes the content
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:36:03 -0400

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> I can confirm that behaviour for org-mode < 8.0 (tested on 7.9.3f) if that
> matter.
> Furtermore, I tested a lot of alternatives.
> "lastname, firstname"
> lastname, firstname
> lastname; firstname
> etc.
> It seems, they all get somehow evaluated by calc, which ends up in funny
> different results.
> I do not understand what was the intention of letting the code be parsed by
> calc but it seems to cause trouble.

As I said, I don't know much about the implementation of tables, but I
think passing every entry in the table through calc is by design. And it
does not need to cause trouble either:

(calc-eval "abc, def") ---> "abc, def"

So trying to selectively *not* pass a cell through calc seems to be the
wrong way to go.

--
Nick