[O] How to make org-src-mode stop recognizing tables in box diagrams?

From: Jisang Yoo
Subject: [O] How to make org-src-mode stop recognizing tables in box diagrams?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 05:28:58 +0900

When I draw a box diagram in an example block or a source code block,
the rectangles trigger org-src-mode to recognize that as tables. For
example, If I org-edit-special on the following:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  +---------+
  |         |
  |   box   |
  |         |
  +---------+
#+END_EXAMPLE

I get a message "Recognizing tables...done" and the inside of the box
is painted blue. The reason I am not using colon blocks like:

: +---------+
: |         |
: |   box   |
: |         |
: +---------+

is because I couldn't find a way to fold them.

If I draw a diagram like this (with dot prefix):

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  . |   box   |
#+END_EXAMPLE

the dots prevent org-src-mode from recognizing the rectangle as a
table, but is there a way to prevent org-src-mode from recognizing
tables without resorting to this prefix trick?