Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:05:32 -0600

>  > If yes then I understand only now that the functionality of the new
>  > variable is of course the same for the changes in both commits and
>  > therefore the name has to be the same for the changes in both commits.
>  > But for me it would have helped to have some other name, containing
>  > neither "src-block", which I associate it with #+BEGIN_SRC but
>  > not #+CALL line or inline call_<name>, nor "head", which I associate
>  > with #+HEADER. I would like to suggest org-babel-exec-marker. What do
>  > you and Vitalie (CCed) think?
>
> I named it with "head" because head is the local variable in
> org-babel-get-src-block-info referring to that position.  There are
> other functions that use -head: org-babel-goto-src-block-head,
> org-babel-where-is-src-block-head.
>
> But, I agree that it might be better called beg, location or position.
>
> I think "src-block" is not misleading, there are plenty of
> foo-src-block-bar in babel.
>
> May be then:  org-babel-current-src-block-location?

How about the shorter `org-babel-current-src-block'?  It is somewhat
more ambiguous, but the only reasonable options would be location or
name, and not every code block has a name.  I think the added brevity is
worth the ambiguity, but I'm not strongly committed either way.

I'll happily commit whatever is generally appealing.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte