Re: [O] bug in new exporter

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] bug in new exporter
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 22:23:36 +0200

>>> When I include the following in my org file
>>>
>>> #+attr_latex: scale=1.5, placement =[htb!]
>>> [[file:img/figure2.eps]]
>>
>> The syntax changes.  Something like this might give you what you want.
>>
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [htb!] :options scale=1.5
>> #+CAPTION: a float needs a caption
>> [[file:fig.pdf]]
>>

> One thing that I couldn't figure out is how to get rid of the width
> specification altogether.

It's a feature.  We had a lengthy discussion about it a while ago
(myself, Nicholas and Aaron, I believe)

You can turn it permanently off by issuing

    (setq org-latex-image-default-width nil)

I tested the code in my "own" Emacs and not emacs -q.  To get no width
I do

#+NAME: name
#+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [htb!] :options scale=1.5  :width ""
#+CAPTION: a float needs a caption
[[file:signature.pdf]]

becomes:

\begin{figure}[htb!]
\centering
\includegraphics[scale=1.5]{signature.pdf}
\caption{\label{name}a float needs a caption}
\end{figure}

Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-183-gca9937 @
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/).

> I also tried
>
>   :width ""
>
> which fails with a

This should work, though, also given the earlier discussion.  At least
it does for me using the version above and emacs -q.

>> From the source code, ox-latex.el, you should be able to get it to
>> accept placement without square brackets.
>
> I don't understand: what do you mean? AFAICT, you *have* to say
>
>  :placement [htb!]
>
> *including* the square brackets, because the first clause of the cond
> triggers and that does not include the square brackets:

> OTOH, here you don't want to include the square brackets because the
> format *does* add them. That seems to be a slight inconsistency.

Right; thanks I missed that.  Thanks!  This is inconsistent.  It also
seems wrapfig needs {} tho I've never used it.

Perhaps it could be made more consistent?  At least the variable and
the local arguments should be similar. . .

–Rasmus

--
Need more coffee. . .