Re: [O] Guidance for preparing document with code

From: SabreWolfy
Subject: Re: [O] Guidance for preparing document with code
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:24:08 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> org-babel is the right tool. Getting the headers right might involve
> some fiddling: there have been many question on the ML about those so
> you can try searching, but if after some effort you are still running
> into a wall, just post what you have, what you want to accomplish and
> how your purported solution fails: there are lots of people able and
> willing to help. The only thing to keep in mind is that the shorter the
> example, the better: don't post your 100-page org file; extract the
> example(s) that you want help with.

Thanks. Apologies -- I meant *headers* (ie: a structured/outline-type
document), not *headings*.

> If you are using the R code for your reference, and only presenting the
> results, that's *not* literate programming: you don't have to worry
> about the noweb stuff.

I wanted to include explanatory text, the R code, then the output of the
code, all in the same document. The R code will not be relevant to the
reader, but I'd like it included and executed to produce output.