Re: [O] Repeating tasks

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: [O] Repeating tasks
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:51:26 +0200

Hi Marvin,

Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody knows how to setup org to schedule repeated task between
> a specified range of dates. For example, suppose I plan to work on a
> grant proposal between 10 am - 1 pm every other day from May 1 to
> June 1, how would I do this ?   My current practice is specify the
> start date with a repeater (in this case +2d), and then delete task
> when the deadline has passed. It though it would be more efficient I
> could assign a date range rather than just the start date.
>

> Cheers,

If I understand your situation correctly, you might take a look at
Habits. If you mark them done, they will be rescheduled to the next date
you specified.  Roughly it should look like this:

* TODO Work on proposal
  :SCHEDULED:  <2013-05-01 Wed 22:00 .+2d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :STYLE: habit
  :END:

But your are probably better off looking at the part of the manual
regarding habits.

Regards,
Alex