Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:08:00 -0600

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte writes:
>
>> I can think of some possibilities,
>>
>> 1. Your load-path either isn't pointing to the newest Org-mode, or you
>>    are somehow also loading an older version of Org-mode.  Although I
>>    believe I just helped you setup your load path, so lets assume this
>>    isn't the case.
>>
>> 2. Do you explicitly require whichever ox-* new exporter you want to
>>    use?
>>
>> 3. Maybe you should run make in the Org-mode directory, to ensure all
>>    autoload files etc... are in place.  I'm sure there is a way around
>>    having to do this every time, but it may help in this instance.
>>
>> Sorry I can't be of more help.  If the solution you find appears to be a
>> general one, please let me know if it should be folded into the starter
>> kit.
>
> I haven't been able to find why this happens, but I have an idea for a
> workaround: I'll put my export settings in another file (for instance
> "export.org"). Then I'll have a special init file ("export-init.el")
> that sets up the org path and loads that file.
>
> I have two questions about how to make it work nice in the starter kit
> context.
>
> In export-init.el, should I do a (load-file "export.el") or is it better
> to do a (org-babel-load-file "export.org")?
>
> In my main configuration file, should I do a #+include "export.org", or
> is it better to do a "org-babel-load-file"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

I don't understand why you can't put this code into your normal
configuration file?  If the error is thrown *before* your main
configuration file is loaded, then my guess is that something is wrong
with your Org-mode install.  I'd read the worg pages on setting up a
local Org-mode install to make sure everything there checks out.

Hope this helps,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte