Re: [O] [babel] Purpose of :results raw

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Purpose of :results raw
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:14:53 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> Now that ":results drawer" has been introduced, I wonder why we still have
>> ":results raw".
>>
>> As once stated in this ML:
>>
>>      The sole purpose of raw results is to allow inserting an headline (I
>>      mean a real headline, not comma protected) in the buffer, because
>>      headlines cannot be contained in anything else than headlines.
>>
>> But drawer does the same.
>
> What makes you think drawers do the same?

The fact that the following output a normally behaving headline[1], AFAICS.

#+begin_src sh :results drawer :exports both
echo "* Unescaped headline"
#+end_src

#+results:
:RESULTS:
* Unescaped headline
:END:

Though, effectively, when exported, it's not right:

\lstset{language=sh,numbers=none}
\begin{lstlisting}
  echo "* Unescaped headline"
\end{lstlisting}

:RESULTS:

\section*{Unescaped headline}
\label{sec-7}
:END:

as ":RESULTS:" and ":END:" words aren't removed from the export.

> Drawers cannot contain headlines.

Do you mean it, because of the wrong export?  By wrong, I don't mean "buggy",
but "not foreseen as I (= me) thought".

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] Correct face used in the Org buffer, correct folding when TAB'ing, etc.

--
Sebastien Vauban